Looking for a way to draw your children away from the television and into the sunshine?
Look no further than the original PlasmaCar by plasmart and in this Plasmacar review, our goal is to show how this multiple award-winning toy will transform the way your kids play.
Table of Contents
Things to consider before buying the Plasmart PlasmaCar
If you’re looking for a toy which will keep the whole family amused, the PlasmaCar is a clever invention that everyone in the family can enjoy. It offers families a great way to get outdoors, get some exercise and enjoy the fresh air.
The PlasmaCar is designed for children ages 3+, it has a load capacity of 100kg (220 pounds) so it is suitable for adults too.
This is a developmental toy that will help your children to develop hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills. There isn’t another toy on the market that quite compares to this one.
Plasma car requires a flat, smooth surface to gain momentum so it may not be suitable for use on wooden floors. The wheels may damage such floors, but it is good for use both indoors and out.
Made from durable plastic and rubber, it is easy to keep clean using warm, soapy water and a cloth.
It reaches and exceeds all the safety requirements of the United States, Canada and Europe.
The Original PlasmaCar by PlaSmart
- NO BATTERIES, GEARS, OR PEDALS, the Original PlasmaCar is kid friendly; kid approved
- USE INDOORS OR OUT while reaching exhilarating speeds up to 6 mph / 10 km/hr; ADULT FRIENDLY it supports up to 220 lb / 100 kg on smooth, flat surfaces
- A SLEEK DESIGN with a patented safety seat PlasmaCar by PlaSmart is great for children 3 yrs and up, and it's easy to use - just prop your feet up on the footrests and turn the steering wheel to get moving
- ENJOY PEACE OF MIND: PlasmaCar meets and exceeds all US, Canadian, and European safety standards; CPSIA, CCPSA, ASTM, EN71, ISO and ICTI certified.PlasmaCar is not recommended for wood floors; wheels may damage some floors
- A MULTIPLE AWARD WINNER including the prestigious Oppenheim Portfolio Platinum Seal Award 2006, and Gold Seal Award 2005, Dr. Toy's Best Vacation Winner 2005, TDmonthly Top Seller 2007, recipient of the 2016 Totally Awesome Awards Seal, 2005 TNPC Seal of Approval, and 2007 TOTY Nominee.Body Material: ABS Plastic
About the PlasmaCar
The PlasmaCar requires no batteries, fuel or pedals. It is cleverly designed, allowing the user to take a seat, place their feet on the footrest, and then use the steering wheel to exert centrifugal force on the wheels so that the car overcomes its inertia and starts to gain momentum.
It will reach speeds of up to 6 miles or 10km an hour.
- The PlasmaCar requires no batteries
- It helps to develop eye/hand coordination and fine motor skills
- It is reasonably priced
- It can accommodate small children, teenagers and adults.
- The plasma car requires a smooth flat, surface. It also requires some friction so a surface such as vinyl is too smooth and the vehicle will not move
- Wheels on the newer versions of the Plasma cars are not as good as the previous versions and some parents have replaced the wheels quickly with high-quality polyurethane wheels.
Polyurethane wheel replacements
My advice to parents is to buy a set of polyurethane wheels at the same time as you buy the car. The wheels are easy to install and come with instructions.
These long-lasting wheels make for a smoother, quieter and faster ride. They are also kinder on your indoor floor coverings than are the original wheels.
The wheels are equipped with durable bearings and comes in five different colors to match your PlasmaCar.
Features and benefits
Some features and benefits of the PlasmaCar
How it works
The Award-winning PlasmaCar is powered by the rider, using the power of friction, centrifugal force and inertia to get it moving. All it takes is timed movements on the steering wheel to get it on the move.
Further movements speed it up. The technique takes a little while to master but once your child has learned the skill, he’ll move all over the place.
Small children who may initially battle to get the PlasmaCar going through the steering wheel can push start the car with their feet.
There are no batteries or fuel required and it has no gears or pedals.
The car is capable of supporting up to 100kg or 220 pounds in weight on a flat, smooth surface. These vehicles can reach speeds of up to 6 miles or 10 km per hour. While the PlasmaCar can travel on rougher surfaces such as carpets, these surfaces will slow the vehicle down.
PlasmaCar is good for eye-hand coordination that is required to move the vehicle using the power of the human body. It is also a great way for your children to get some much-needed exercise.
The PlasmaCar has two footrests and a steering wheel for direction and propulsion.
The patented design is available in a number of vibrant color combinations. It is made from durable hard-wearing plastic. It has a comfortable rubberized seat, foot grips and hand grips. The steering column is covered in foam so that the rider does not hurt the feet or legs while driving.
The PlasmaCar is low and close to the ground so there is little danger of the child hurting herself if she falls off. The sleek and compact design means that it is easy to store and to clean. It is light enough to carry around. Anyone three years old or more can take the PlasmaCar for a ride.
The polypropylene wheels are durable and replaceable.
PlasmaCar is safe as it has reached the US, European and Canadian safety requirements.
It requires assembly before use. The vehicle comes with well-written and easy to understand assembly instructions and it takes but a few minutes to assemble. You’ll need a rubber mallet and the hex key that comes with the car to complete the assembly.
The two front wheels are designed not to touch the floor but to provide stability when the driver leans forward, so don’t worry when you notice that they are not on the floor. You have not made an assembly error. They are not meant to touch the floor
What’s in the box
- The PlasmaCar (assembly required)
- Instruction sheet.
There is a reason why this toy has won so many prestigious awards such as
- Top Spring and Summer Kids Essentials by disneyfamily.com
- National Parenting Center, Seal of Approval
- Oppenheim Portfolio Platinum Award
- Fat Brain Toy Award in the Active Play Category
- Totally Awesome Awards Seal
- And many more!
The design is clever. It is lightweight and small enough to carry around with you. It is a toy that the whole family can enjoy, getting them out into the fresh air and away from the television.
Best of all The Plasma car, despite its robust design, won’t break the bank.